After having my motorcycle for ten months, I finally felt ready to ride it on the highway. I decided a Sunday morning around 8 am would be a good time, so my husband and I geared up and hit the road. It seemed like everyone was on their way to church or somewhere at 8 am this morning, but I got over that. I cruised out onto the highway shifting up to fifth moving at 60 mph! As each new experience has been on a motorcycle for me, it was scary. I felt "wobbly" as if the wind could just sweep me up off the road like a plastic bag. I was happy to see my exit after just four quick miles of traveling at what felt like the speed of light.
Our destination was a local New York-style deli famous for breakfast. We enjoyed some hot tea, vegetarian migas, oatmeal, an avocado and tomato omelette, and fluffy pancakes. It was a tasty and satisfying breakfast. But, it didn't give me the guts to get back on the highway in heavier traffic.
My husband asked me to trust him and follow him on a new route. He took us through a lovely residential area and then around a park with wonderful winding roads. This is the kind of riding I have come to enjoy. I know I will enjoy cruising at 70 mph on the highway . . . all in good time.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stick with 35-45 mph. Highway only when you're late.
ReplyDelete